Price is $3,195 per person, based on double occupancy
If paying by credit card, price is $3,295
Join us on an extended tour of the Holy Lands. Trevan Hatch (bio below) will be your LDS tour director as you come to know the power and beauty of Israel. Trevan will bring the scriptures to life and you study them on site. This is a unique, extended itinerary you won’t want to miss.
Pricing on this tour is higher due to the limited group size and longer tour length. Smaller groups can often travel more quickly, seeing more sites in less time and allow for a more personal experience.
Day 1 & 2- April 19-20: Travel and stay in Tel Aviv (near the beach)
Day 3- April 21 (Saturday) Shephelah & Negev
This day will give us a chance to discuss the Old Testament. These sites are associated with Father Abraham, Isaac, Sampson, King David, and Lehi. We will see the landscape of the foothills of the Judean Mountains (the Shephelah) and the southern desert (Negev). This is a uniqe day where we will visit sites not often seen on tours of the Holy Lands.
- Bet Shemesh
- Tel Arad
Day 4- April 22 (Sunday) Jordan Valley
These sites in the Jordan Valley are classic hotspots for Holy Land tourists. Today will be a natural transition from our Old Testament discussions to developments that occurred both “between the Testaments” and during the New Testament period. We will encounter places associated with the Dead Sea Scrolls, Jesus, and Herod the Great, not to mention our float in the Dead Sea.
- Dead Sea
- Jordan River (Kaser El Yahud )
- Wadi Qelt
Day 5- April 23 (Monday) Galilee- Day 1
We will begin our day in Nazareth and Sephoris where we will discuss Jesus’ childhood and what life was like for a Jewish boy in first century Galilee. We will then follow Jesus into his ministry in the immediate region of Lake Galilee. We will see Mary Madaline’s hometown and the ruins of a first century synagogue. We will then sail on Lake Galilee.
- Nazareth Village
- Zippori (Sephoris)
- Boat Ride
- Yigael Museum
Day 6- April 24 (Tuesday) Galilee- Day 2
We will spend most of this day talking about Jesus’ Galilean ministry while walking in his footsteps.
- Tel Dan
- Caesarea Philippi
- St. Peter’s Fish Lunch on the Sea of Galilee (not included)
- Church of the 12 Apostles
Day 7- April 25 (Wednesday) Northwest Israel & Trotner Park
Today we will be in Northwest Israel visiting places associated with Elijah and priests of Baal and one of the most impressive ancient manmade port cities, Caesarea. On our way back to Jerusalem, we will visit one of my favorite places in all of Jerusalem—Trotner Park, which provides the most breathtaking view of the distant city, a place where Abraham is believed to have spotted Jerusalem for the first time on his three day journey to sacrifice his son. Very few tour groups, if any, visit this place!
- Mount Carmel
- Trotner Park by UN headquarters
- Stay in Jerusalem at Grand Court Hotel
Day 8- April 26 (Thursday) Old City Day 1
- Dome of the Rock
- Pools of Bethesda and St. Anne’s
- Ecce Homo
- Church of the Holy Sepulcher
- Church of the Redeemer tower (not included)
- Western Wall Tour
- Western Wall
- Southern Temple Excavations
- Broad Wall
- Cardo street
- Mount Zion (Cenacle and overlook Hinnom)
- St. Peter at Gallicantu (dungeon)
- Hezekiah’s Tunnel / Pool of Siloam
- Shopping if we have time
Day 9- April 27 (Friday)- Old City Day 2
We will continue our tour in the Old City after visiting the beautiful Garden Tomb. We will then spend a few hours at the Israel Museum, which houses some of the greatest archaeological discoveries associated with the world of the Bible. Upon returning to the Old City, we will see several more fascinating places that we missed yesterday.
- Garden Tomb
- Israel Museum
- Any sites we didn’t do yesterday
Day 10- April 28 (Saturday) BYU & Bethlehem
- Church at BYU @ 10am
- Beit Sahour at the Grotto for lunch (not included)
- Church of the Nativity
- Shepherd’s Field
- Herodium (if time allows)
Jimmy’s Bazaar (shopping in the evening)
Day 11- April 29 (Sunday) Mount of Olives
Very few groups spend an entire day on the Mount of Olives. As one of the holiest places on earth, we will trace Jesus’ footstep as we recount and discuss his most substantive and meaningful acts and pronouncements during the last week of his life. We will end the day and our trip at Orson Hyde Park as we contemplate our experiences and say goodbye to Jerusalem.
- Pater Noster
- Beit Phage
- Mount of Olives lookout point
- Dominus Flevit
- Church of All Nations (Gethsemane)
- Mary’s Tomb
- Kidron Valley walk
- Orson Hyde Park devotional meeting.
Day 12- April 30 (Monday): Fly Home
Tour Director: Trevan Hatch
Trevan G. Hatch is the Ancient Scripture and Religion Specialist in the Harold B. Lee Library at Brigham Young University. Trevan earned a B.A. in History at Brigham Young University; an M.A. in Jewish Studies at Baltimore Hebrew University; a PhD in Sociology of Religion at Louisiana State University where he wrote his dissertation on Jewish families; and is currently pursuing a doctorate in Jewish studies with an emphasis in Bible and Early Judaism at the Spertus Institute in Chicago. He also studied at two universities in Israel: Hebrew University of Jerusalem and the University of the Holy Land, Center for Early Christian Studies. He is the author of When the Lights Came On: Joseph Smith and the Return of Heavenly Manifestations and the forthcoming book, The Life of the Jewish Christ: Restoring Jesus to His Jewish Context. He is also pursuing book projects on the Mount of Olives, and Judaism & Mormonism (co-edited with renowned Jewish scholar, Dr. Leonard J. Greenspoon at Creighton University).
Terms & Conditions:
- Price does not include the following:
- International Airfare
- Tips: Required to pre-pay $100 per person in tips. We will use the pre-paid tips to cover all of your tips for the local guides and drivers. You will only be responsible to tip hotel porters if they take your luggage for you to your rooms.
- Deposit of $250 is non-refundable; however, you can transfer it to someone else on the same tour that is not already booked on the tour.
- Final Payment due: February 18, 2018
- Tour is non-refundable, non-transferrable after final payment date
- Tour rate is based on a minimum of 10 guests. If group falls below 10 guests, we have the right to reprice the tour or cancel it.
Tel Aviv/Bat Yam – Leonardo
Dead Sea – Prima Oasis
North Israel – Nazareth Ramada
Jerusalem – Olive Tree